My school had a contest last week called, King of the Hill, basically a man pageant.. without the dressing room sabotaged and nervous breakdowns of vomiting lol. There was about 10 or 11 contestants, one of course was me, and this rapper called Submit. Real cool dude, I've been working on a project with em' for a few days and the song should be bangin! Anyway, before the pageant, we got to meet our escorts: the lovely ladies that would walk us out individually while beging introduced to the audience. This girl that I walked out with, freakin gorgeous, I remembered from a class we were in from like 9th grade; weird I know.. she was dope none the less.
After intros of the other folks were done, the talent portion came. There were people playing guitars( My homie Hunter killed it), reading intense poetry on characteristic revolution, hilarious comedians, and two rap performances. I went on before Submit, but embarrassingly enough we kinda had on the same outfit: Oldies Jacket, Plain Shirt, Colored Skinny jeans, and some kind of retro sneaker(these days what sneaker isn't considered retro?). Fortunately there were significant differences between our style that stood out well enough for the audience to know there would be a "Pt. 2" in any acts lol. During my act, I tried to do this dance that I saw from a few New York youtube vids. they got something up there called gettin lite. I originally practiced gettin lite for months before me show that night, but for some reason I just wasn't getting it.
Towards that end, the rest of the stunts pulled were pretty decent. But in the end, I made it past elimination, but didn't when the crown I was shooting for: Best performance. Submit won it, probably for a few reasons:1) He didn't get lite 2) He showed maturity in his song by rapping about spirituality rather another lyrical-flexed dance song 3) He didn't TRY to stand on his hands lol 4) He just plain had seniority and deserved it.
Overall, I dug the experience, although it was a bit ironic that I took my first man-pageant a bit too seriously and didn't place, but the coolest guy( wearing shirt, jeans, and a suit jacket won King of the Hill.
Extras: To check Submit for yourself- he's a dope artist, www.myspace.com/submitmovement
And for those still inchin to get lite, here's a video of a battle feat. Goofy Kid vs Kid Pat
And just think: If shawty is a 10, does that mean you already have her number? lol peace.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment